No. 1, University Road, Department of Public Health College of Medicine,
National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 70101, Taiwan
Office: +886-6-2353535 ext 5254
- 2009-2012 Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Department of Public Health, College of Health Sciences, Kaohsiung Medical University, Taiwan
- 2017-2019 Master of Public Health (MPH), Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health, USA
- 2006-2008 Master of Science (MSc), School of Public Health, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
- 1993-2000 Doctor of Medicine (MD), School of Medicine, Taipei Medical University, Taiwan
- Professor, Department of Public Health, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan.
- Attending Physician, Department of Geriatrics and Gerontology, National Cheng Kung University Hospital, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan.
- Consultant, Ditmanson Medical Foundation Chia - Yi Christian Hospital, Chiayi.
- Director, Center of Evidence-Based Medicine, Department of Education, Taipei Medical University Hospital, Taipei.
- Attending Physician, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Taipei Medical University Hospital, Taipei.
- Director and Attending Physician, Department of Geriatrics and Gerontology, Taipei Medical University Hospital, Taipei.
- Attending Physician, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, E-Da Hospital, Kaohsiung.
- Attending Physician, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei.
Dr. Hou’s research interests integrated the graduated study of public health and medical profession in Geriatric Medicine/Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Her research works emphasized on the reablement and empowerment of public population through the evidence-based medicine research of holistic healthcare. She holds a committee member of Joint Commission of Taiwan and served as a board supervisor of Taiwan Evidence-Based Association. She is also a researcher of Cochrane Taiwan and published two Cochrane reviews. Her research focuses on the development and validation of assessment tools in functional assessment and patient-reported outcomes. She involved in several kinds of geriatric research related to clinical epidemiology by using Taiwan National Health Insurance Data and conducted several systematic review and meta-analyses for the effectiveness of geriatric rehabilitation. Recently, she devoted in advocating both providers’/patients’ shared decision-making and empowering people’s health literacy for health communication across the life course for health care, disease prevention and health promotion. Three main research aspects are summarized as follows:
- Health Promotion Research in Health literacy and shared decision making
- Psychometric Research in Comprehensive Functional Assessment
- Evidence-Based Medicine Research of Systematic Review and Meta-analysis
- Geriatric Rehabilitation
- Long-term Care
- Health Literacy
- Evidence-Based Medicine and Shared Decision Making
- Measurement tools
- Medical Education
- 2021 Taipei Medical University Excellent Teacher Award
- 2021 Taipei Medical University Hospital Faculty Award
- 2020 Best Poster Presentation of Taiwan Gerontology and Geriatric Association Annual Meeting
- 2018 Yufong International Health Literacy Awards
- 2016-2017 Taiwan Fulbright Grantee for Senior Scholar
- 2014 & 2015 Best Papers of Taiwan Public Health Association Annual Meeting
- 2013 Doctoral Dissertation Research Award, Taiwan Epidemiology Association
Research Output/ Projects